This policy is intended to help you understand how Mitsubishi Pencil, its subsidiaries and affiliates collect, use and safeguard the information you provide on our website.
If you browse any Mitsubishi Pencil website, you may generally do so anonymously without providing any personal information. However, there are cases in which we may ask you for personal data. For example, we will occasionally conduct on-line campaigns and sweepstakes to better understand the needs and profile of our visitors. In addition, we may request personal information when you register to receive additional information regarding our products and services, sign up for a newsletter, or send us a question. Even if you choose not to give information we request, you can still visit most of the Mitsubishi Pencil website, but you may be unable to access certain options, offers, and services.
In case you change your mind or wish to update or delete personal information (such as your e-mail address), we will endeavor to correct, update or remove the personal data you give us. You can do this by contacting us at the contact points specified below.
Use of Personal Data
Personal information provided by users who are 13 or more years of age may be used for marketing and promotional purposes only by Mitsubishi Pencil and its subsidiaries and affiliates. Mitsubishi Pencil does not rent, sell or otherwise distribute to third parties, your personal information entered on this site. While we use all reasonable efforts to safeguard the confidentiality of your information, Mitsubishi Pencil will have no liability for disclosure of any information obtained due to errors in transmission or the unauthorized acts of third parties. Mitsubishi Pencil also reserves the right to change or update this policy, or any other policy or practice, at anytime, with reasonable notice to users of its website. Any changes or updates will be effective immediately upon posting to the Mitsubishi Pencil site.
We may share statistical or aggregated non-personal information about our users with advertisers, business partners, sponsors and other third parties. This data is used to customize Mitsubishi Pencil website content and advertising to deliver a better experience to our users.
Cookies and IP Tracking
This website also may detect and use your IP address or domain name for internal traffic monitoring and capacity purposes or to otherwise administer our website. No personal information is obtained; rather, just the patterns of usage of our various users may be tracked to provide you with improved service and content based on aggregate or statistical reviews of user site traffic patterns.
Mitsubishi Pencil reserves the right to disclose user information in special cases, when we have reason to believe that disclosing this information is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against someone who may be causing injury to or interference with (either intentionally or unintentionally) our rights or property, other Mitsubishi Pencil website users, or anyone else that could be harmed by such activities. We may disclose personal information without notice to you in response to a subpoena or when we believe in good faith that the law requires it or to respond to an emergency situation.
Policies for Children
Mitsubishi Pencil encourage parents and guardians to monitor and participate in their children’s online activities. Unless you are viewing a website directed specifically to children, no information should be submitted to this site by users under 13 years of age, and users under 13 years old are not allowed to register for newsletters, clubs or activities. In addition, users under 18 years of age are not allowed to make purchases or participate in contests, except for those specifically directed to children. Where appropriate, Mitsubishi Pencil may ask you to indicate your age to verify compliance with these policies.
Mitsubishi Pencil does not knowingly collect information from our guests under 13 years of age or provide any personally identifying information from such guests to any third party for any reason whatsoever. We do not allow guests known to be under 13 years of age to receive direct marketing communications from Mitsubishi Pencil or from third parties.
Please be advised that our website may contain links to third party websites. The linked sites are not under the control of Mitsubishi Pencil , and we are not responsible for the contents or privacy practices of any linked site or any link on a linked site.
Mitsubishi Pencil Co., Ltd.
Tokyo 140-8537 Japan
1. Types of Personal Data
2. Collection, use and disclosure of Personal Data
(1) Purposes of use of Personal DataWe may collect, process and provide your Personal Data in order to achieve the purposes set forth below:
- For sale of various writing instruments and other handled items;
- For repair and inspection of various writing instruments and other handled items;
- For providing after-sales service;
- For notification and public-relations activities for our products and services;
- For conducting questionnaire surveys on various kinds of work;
- For replying to inquiries or your requirements, such as material requests;
- For contacting on transactions;
- For performing contracts;
- For managing, analyzing or understanding interactions;
- For facilitating information access;
- For enhancing communications; and
- For conducting other business related to the above operations
(2) Legal Grounds for handling the Personal DataWe may handle the Personal Data based on the following legal grounds:
- To perform your instructions or fulfil the obligations under other contracts with you;
- Your consent expressly given to us to handle the Personal Data in such manner. You may withdraw the consent to this handling at any time; however, this will not affect the lawfulness of any handling activity carried out by us before such withdrawal of the consent.
- To comply with legal and regulatory obligations; and
- Legitimate interests or those of any third-party recipients of the Personal Data, provided that such interests are not overridden by your interests or fundamental rights and freedoms.
(3) Additional processingIn the case of processing the Personal Data for purposes other than the foregoing, we will notify you in advance of such purposes of use and other matters as required by applicable laws.
(4) Necessity of providing Personal DataThe Personal Data that you are to provide is necessary in order for us to provide our services to you. Therefore, without the Personal Data, there may be cases where we will not be able to provide the services to you, in whole or in part.
(5) Retention periodWe will retain your Personal Data as long as such data is necessary to provide the services to you, but we will promptly delete the same in the case such data is no longer needed.
(6) Transfer of Personal DataWe may provide your Personal Data to third parties such as our subsidiaries and affiliates, cloud vendors, outside contractors and professionals (including tax firms and law firms), etc., and your Personal Data will be processed by such third parties in order to carry out the purposes of use specified above.
The Personal Data may be transferred to entities in countries or jurisdictions outside the EEA, such as Japan, if required for the purposes as described above. Please note that such countries or jurisdictions may not have the same data protection laws as the EEA and that they may not afford many of the rights conferred upon you in the EEA. We will ensure that any such international transfers are made subject to appropriate and suitable safeguards as required by the GDPR or other relevant laws. When doing so, we will comply with applicable data protection requirements and take appropriate safeguards to ensure the security and integrity of the Personal Data.
3. Data subject's rights
You may make a request to us for access to, correction or deletion of, or restriction of processing of your Personal Data, and may make a request for data portability with regard to your Personal Data retained by us. When we receive a request based on the right specified above, we will conduct any necessary investigation without delay and provide you or a nominated third party with the Personal Data or respond to such rights without delay.
Please note that you may raise an objection to the data protection authorities having jurisdiction over us or the location of your domicile with regard to the processing of your Personal Data.
4. A minor's consent (For Users)
Mitsubishi Pencil Co., Ltd.
5-23-37, Higashi-Ohi, Shinagawa, Tokyo, 140-8537 Japan
This privacy notice was published and last updated on 26 December 2018.
Mitsubishi Pencil Co., Ltd.